Brigid Collins is a first generation American born in New York, Brigid knew from a young age that she wanted to be an attorney.
In furtherance of achieving her lifelong dream of becoming an attorney, Brigid enrolled in Loyola University where she graduated with a degree in Criminology. She was then accepted at the Loyola University School of Law in 2000 where she quickly established herself as a top student. Brigid was a member of the law school’s trial team that won first place honors in several state competitions. She was next offered an internship at the Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office. It was there that Brigid was bitten by the prosecutorial bug.
After earning her Juris Doctorate, Brigid went to work for the Orleans Parish District Attorney. She made her mark in the courtrooms at Tulane and Broad and was regarded as one of the most successful prosecutors. She consistently achieved top conviction ratings and tried more jury trials than many of her peers. Brigid was recognized for her hard work by the Victims and Citizens Against Crime Organization receiving the organization’s top prosecutor award in the City of New Orleans.
In 2011, Brigid left the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s Office and entered private practice where, once again, she has earned a reputation as an exceptional advocate for her clients and outstanding trial lawyer.
In February of 2016, Brigid was appointed by the judges of Criminal District Court to sit as a Magistrate Commissioner. Every week, she is responsible for signing warrants, determining if there is probable cause for an arrest, and setting bonds for those arrested subjects.
When not practicing law, or sitting as a Magistrate Commissioner, Brigid volunteers her time to coaching youth soccer.
Areas of Practice
- Serious Personal Injury Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Administrative Law
- Class Actions and Complex Litigation
- Product Liability Law
- Family Law
- Louisiana, 2003
- S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2012
- Florida, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2003; Juris Doctor
- American Trial Lawyers Association Louisiana State Team (State Champions, 2002)
- Loyola University New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, May 2000; Bachelor of Arts; Major: Criminal Justice; Minor: Sociology
Past Employment Positions
- Magistrate Commissioner, Orleans Parish Criminal District Court, February 2016 - present
- Attorney/Owner, Brigid Collins, LLC, December 2015- October 2017
- Partner, Frank G. DeSalvo, APLC, August 2011 – December 2015
- Senior Trial Attorney, Office of the District Attorney, Parish of Orleans, March 2008 – Aug.2011
- Junior Trial Attorney, Office of the District Attorney, Parish of Orleans, Dec. 2003 – Feb. 2006
- Assistant Attorney General, Florida Attorney General, Criminal Appeals, Daytona Beach, Florida, Feb. 2006- Feb. 2008
- Alpha Chi Omega