Matthew S. Landry
Matt Landry was born in Greater New Orleans and graduated from Holy Cross High School, New Orleans in 2001. He earned a Master of Arts degree in Sociology from the University of New Orleans in 2009.
Landry received his Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in 2015. At Tulane, he served as President of the Tulane Civil Law Society, Articles Editor of the Tulane Environmental Law Journal, Research Assistant to Professor Oliver Houck, and as a Student Attorney in the Tulane Environmental Law Clinic.
Landry joined Leger & Shaw as an associate in 2015 after gaining experience at Kanner & Whiteley, LLC and SmithStag, LLC; the chambers of the Honorable Jane Triche Milazzo and the Honorable Ivan L.R. Lemelle at the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana; the Tulane Environmental Law Clinic; the Louisiana House of Representatives, Governmental Affairs Division; and the New Orleans City Council. Landry has served with AmeriCorps and the American Red Cross, and has been a Fellow at the University of Pittsburgh, where he taught undergraduate sociology classes.
Landry is a civil litigator whose experience ranges from complex nationwide multi-district litigation to rear-end collisions. Landry is a vital member of the Firm’s Opioid Litigation team which represents several Southeast Louisiana political subdivisions against manufacturers and distributers of prescription opioids in In re National Prescription Opiate Litigation. He has recovered millions of dollars for fishermen, landowners, businesses, and governments in the Deepwater Horizon economic and property damage settlement programs. Landry represents injured workers under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act and in the New Orleans Hard Rock Hotel litigation. He represents New Orleans East tenants in a class action against their landlords, defends homeowners against nuisance suits, and litigates various residential real estate and insurance matters. Landry has litigated in federal courts across the United States and at every level of Louisiana’s civil district and appellate courts.
Areas of Practice
- General Civil Litigation
- Complex Litigation & Class Actions
- Personal Injury & Workers' Compensation
- Environmental, Maritime & Admiralty Law
- Tulane University Law School, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2015
- University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 2009-2011
- University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2009
Master of Arts, Sociology
- University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana, 2006
Bachelor of General Studies, Business and Urban Society
- Louisiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Louisiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Louisiana, 2015
- U.S. District Court Western District of Louisiana, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, New Orleans Chapter
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice