Maritime and Admiralty Law
Admiralty and Maritime Attorneys
For assistance with maritime law claims in Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region, call toll free at 1-800-523-5787 or contact us here
Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, the maritime and admiralty law attorneys at Leger & Shaw serve clients who are injured in maritime accidents throughout Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region. We have handled major litigation and enjoyed many successes including many high-profile cases. We have decades of trial experience that includes complicated offshore injury claims.
For a more thorough explanation of why we are the right maritime law firm for you, get in touch with our firm today and schedule a free initial consultation.
Experienced New Orleans Maritime Lawyers
Our experienced admiralty and maritime injury lawyers at Leger & Shaw represent plaintiffs and defendants in waterway accidents, including those that occur in the ocean, in the gulf, and on the river, including the following:
- Offshore Injury Claims — including seamen and ship crews injured in an offshore accident or shipwreck, or a collision with another ship, a reef, or a dry dock
- Jones Act Claims — representing seamen who have suffered an injury while in the course of duty on a sea vessel. The Jones Act affords rights to workers that general maritime laws may not.
- Longshoreman and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) Claims — including cases involving diseases or injuries sustained on the job. The LHWCA also is another avenue of protection for on-the-water workers.
- Maritime Pilot Representation — including defending a river pilot in Coast Guard hearings (pilot license hearings), personal injury claims, and property loss claims
- Property Loss Claims — including lost cargo, damaged cargo, property loss or cargo loss due to a ship sinking, and property loss or cargo loss due to navigational error or other delay
- Diving Accident Claims — such as cases involving professional salvage divers and other divers who have been injured in an accident on the job
- Oil Pollution Act (OPA) Claims — business, personal and government cases due to oil pollution
For further information regarding admiralty law, or to discuss your offshore injury or legal issue with a maritime lawyer, please schedule a free confidential consultation by calling us at 504-588-9043 or toll free at 1-800-523-5787, or contact us here. Put our decades of maritime and admiralty law experience to work for you.