Offshore Injury Claims
New Orleans Offshore Injury Lawyers
Toll Free: 1-800-523-5787 - Free Consultations
Located in New Orleans, Louisiana, the lawyers at Leger & Shaw have served clients throughout the nation injured in maritime accidents for nearly 40 years. Our experience, knowledge, and track record of success have led to numerous referrals from clients and other attorneys. For a more thorough explanation of why we are the right offshore injury law firm for you, call our firm today and schedule your free initial consultation.
Experienced Offshore Injury Lawyers - Death on the High Seas Act
If you were injured in an offshore accident, including offshore drilling rigs, tow boats or tug boats, barges, fishing boats, shrimp boats, or other water vessels, you may be entitled to compensation under the Jones Act or other maritime law.
With nearly 40 years of admiralty and maritime law experience, we at Leger & Shaw have developed a reputation for excellence and a track record of success in handling offshore accident injury claims, including the following:
- Jones Act claims — including claims arising from the negligence of the vessel owner or the crew who caused the injury, including offshore oil rig platforms, passenger ships, waterway crafts, and fishing boats
- Longshoreman and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act (LHWCA) claims — including injuries to ship loaders and dock workers
- Death on the High Seas Act (DOHSA) claims — including any wrongful death that occurs on the high seas
- Public Vessels Act — including any claim for damages caused by a public vessel of the United States, including salvage and towing services
- Suits in Admiralty Act claims — including situations where the United States government causes damage or worsens your situation, including damage caused by the U.S. Coast Guard, lock and dam operators, and the U.S. Corp of Engineers
- Unseaworthy vessel claim — including an injury caused or contributed to because a ship or sea vessel was not properly and reasonably equipped to handle your situation, and which may have involved improper equipment, untrained crew, improper safety gear, and an unsafe environment
- Diving accidents — including professional divers (salvage or repair) who were injured while working on a ship or in the shipyard
For further information regarding the Jones Act or other maritime laws, or to discuss your injuries from an offshore accident with an experienced offshore injury lawyer, please schedule a free confidential consultation by calling us at 504-588-9043 or toll free at 1-800-523-5787, or contact us here. Put our decades of maritime law experience to work for you.