Christine S. Fayard
Christine Fayard was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and attended Archbishop Chapelle High School, graduating cum laude in 2002. She earned her undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University, graduating magna cum laude in 2006 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science.
Sevin received her Juris Doctor and her Diploma in Civil Law from the Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in 2009. While attending the Paul M. Hebert Law Center, she was involved in the Public Interest Law Society and the Legal Association of Women and received Chancellor's List Honors in Spring of 2009. Sevin also completed the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Program.
Sevin is presently admitted to the Louisiana Bar and she is also admitted to practice law before the United States District Court in the Eastern District of Louisiana. She is a member of the American and Louisiana State Bar Associations.
Prior to joining Leger & Shaw, Sevin was previously employed by the National Center for Biomedical Research and Training, the Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program, James Maughan, Attorney at Law, and Moore, Walters, Thompson, Thomas, Papillion & Cullen. Sevin has experience in the following practice areas: maritime law, toxic tort, class action, product liability, auto accident, and asbestos.
Areas of Practice
- Maritime and Admiralty Law
- Serious Personal Injury Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Louisiana, 2009
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, 2010
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2009; Juris Doctor, Graduate Diploma in Civil Law; Chancellor's List Honors
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2006; Bachelor of Arts, Political Science
- Magna Cum Laude
- Chancellor's Honor Roll, 4.0 GPA (three semesters)
- Academic Excellence Award
- Herbert Huey McElveen Scholarship, 2005
- Holt Foundation Scholarship Recipient, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law Fraternity
- Pi Sigma Alpha National Political Science Honor Society
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society
Past Employment Positions
- Moore, Walters, Thompson, Thomas, Papillion & Cullen, Law Clerk, 2008-2009
- James Maughan, Attorney at Law, Law Clerk, May 2007 - August 2007
- Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program (ATAP), Student Worker, May 2005 -August 2006
- National Center for Biomedical Research and Training-Academy for Counter Terrorist Education (NCBRT), Student Worker, Fall 2004 — May 2005