Serious Personal Injury Litigation
For catastrophic injury representation call toll free at 1-800-523-5787 or contact us here
Based in New Orleans, Louisiana, the lawyers at Leger & Shaw represent clients throughout Louisiana and the Gulf Coast region and the nation who have suffered serious injury resulting from someone's negligence, or dangerous or defective products.
We have been assisting individuals with complex and catastrophic injury claims as well as wrongful death cases since 1979.
What Is a Catastrophic Injury?
A catastrophic injury is an injury that prevents you from having the quality of life and ability to do the things you were able to do before the injury. Obviously some injuries are more catastrophic than others, but we at Leger & Shaw handle all injury cases where your ability to work or engage in previous activities are affected by an accident. Common life-altering injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): The symptoms of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) may not be immediately apparent after an accident. Memory loss, blurry vision, speech problems, and changes in personality may develop over time, leading medical professionals to diagnose brain damage, a TBI, or closed head injury. It is extremely important to seek medical attention after an accident in order to ensure that a TBI is diagnosed as soon as possible so treatment can be started.
- Spinal cord injury: A spinal cord injury can result in paraplegia, quadriplegia or severe nerve damage which may result in an individual's inability to work or maintain the type of lifestyle enjoyed before the accident. Our firm is committed to helping clients pursue compensation and handle the legal aspects so they can focus on healing.
Other Catastrophic Injuries
We also handle many other types of serious injuries, including:
- Severe burn injury
- Back and neck injury
- Herniated disc (slipped disc or bulging disc)
- Amputation (loss of limb)
- Blindness (eye injury)
- Deafness (loss of hearing)
- Broken bones
We understand how a serious injury can affect you, mentally, physically, and financially. Our goal is to work closely with your doctor to determine the true extent of your injuries, any possible rehabilitation, and any new vocational training you may require. We work hard to maximize your recovery.
For further information regarding catastrophic injury losses, or to discuss your brain injury or spinal cord injury claim with an experienced Louisiana trial lawyer, please schedule a free confidential consultation by calling us at 504-588-9043 or toll free at 1-800-523-5787, or visit our contact page. Put our decades of serious injury experience to work for you.